Membership Types & Pricing
Active Membership – $199.00* annually
Become an Active Member if you are involved in the land administration field as an employee or independent contractor. This membership category is open to anyone with an interest in land administration.
Student Membership – $75.00* annually
Join CAPLA as a Student Member if you are enrolled in land administration-related courses at a post-secondary institution, working part-time, or not yet working in an energy-industry land position. Proof of enrollment at a post-secondary institution is required.
Retired Membership – $75.00* annually
If you were employed in the petroleum industry in roles associated with land administration for a minimum of five years and are now retired and not currently active in the land administration field as an employee or independent contractor, you are welcome to join CAPLA as a Retired Member.
Join ~1,800 people working in land asset management who turn to CAPLA for professional development, career advancement and certification. Your CAPLA membership entitles you to:
- Access CAPLA’s Job Bank. Find a job, make a smart career move or recruit the best candidate for your land department.
- E-Bulletins and NEXUS magazine. Your inside track to the latest land information.
- Member event pricing. CAPLA events are informative, enjoyable and affordable. Our Lunch ‘n Learns include topics directly related to your job and a delicious buffet lunch.
- Ethics training – free of charge! The CAPLA Board is investing in you as a land professional by offering two half-day ethics courses, valued at $175 each, free-of-charge.
- Courses designed just for you. Build your knowledge and advance your career by taking CAPLA courses and attending our annual conference.
- Put some letters behind your name. Obtain your CAPLA Certification, build your confidence and gain industry recognition by successfully completing the mineral, contract or surface exam.
- Join the Mentorship Program. Enjoy a mutually-beneficial professional relationship with a new colleague.
- See and be seen on CAPLA’s online member directory. Build your network of land associates.
- Knowledge Bank – A wealth of experience available to you. Contact any of our Knowledge Bank volunteers to guide you through new territory or help solve that tricky land conundrum.
- A members-only Resource Centre. Click here for information to help you excel at your job.
Honourary Lifetime Membership
Honorary Lifetime Membership in CAPLA is presented to individuals who have made longstanding contributions resulting in significant benefits to CAPLA’s vision, mission, members or profile in the energy industry. Honourary Lifetime Members are entitled to all membership privileges and are not required to pay annual membership fees.
Individuals who are employed by government agencies or other non-commercial organizations related to land asset management may join CAPLA. Government members may not hold office or vote at CAPLA meetings. They are not required to pay annual membership dues. For more information, send an email to email@example.com
* GST is calculated and added to the cost of a membership.
Membership in CAPLA is held by individuals. Although your employer may have paid your annual membership fee, your membership is valid for you personally until it expires. CAPLA does not provide membership fee refunds to individuals or companies.