Membership Types & Pricing
Active Membership – $199.00* annually
Become an Active Member if you are involved in the land administration field as an employee or independent contractor. This membership category is open to anyone with an interest in land administration.
Student Membership – $75.00* annually
Join CAPLA as a Student Member if you are enrolled in land administration-related courses at a post-secondary institution, working part-time, or not yet working in an energy-industry land position. Proof of enrollment at a post-secondary institution is required.
Retired Membership – $75.00* annually
If you were employed in the petroleum industry in roles associated with land administration for a minimum of five years and are now retired and not currently active in the land administration field as an employee or independent contractor, you are welcome to join CAPLA as a Retired Member.
Unemployed Membership – $100* annually
This membership is for individuals who are unemployed at the time of their renewal and may apply for reduced membership dues. Members who become unemployed after their due’s renewal period or have already paid their invoices will not be issued a partial refund. Members approved for reduced dues, retain full membership with access to benefits and services. The unemployed membership category will be available for one year only. Proof of unemployment (Service Canada or Record of Employment) is required.
Join ~800 people working in land asset management who turn to CAPLA for professional development, career advancement and certification. Your CAPLA membership entitles you to:
- Access CAPLA’s Job Bank. Find a job, make a smart career move or recruit the best candidate for your land department.
- E-Bulletins Your inside track to the lastest land information
- Member event pricing. CAPLA events are informative, enjoyable and affordable. Our Lunch ‘n Learns include topics directly related to your job and a delicious buffet lunch.
- Courses designed just for you. Build your knowledge and advance your career by taking CAPLA courses and attending our annual conference.
- See and be seen on CAPLA’s online member directory. Build your network of land associates.
- Knowledge Bank – A wealth of experience available to you. Contact any of our Knowledge Bank volunteers to guide you through new territory or help solve that tricky land conundrum.
- A members-only Resource Centre. Click here for information to help you excel at your job.
Honourary Lifetime Membership
Honorary Lifetime Membership in CAPLA is presented to individuals who have made longstanding contributions resulting in significant benefits to CAPLA’s vision, mission, members or profile in the energy industry. Honourary Lifetime Members are entitled to all membership privileges and are not required to pay annual membership fees.
Individuals who are employed by government agencies or other non-commercial organizations related to land asset management may join CAPLA. Government members may not hold office or vote at CAPLA meetings. They are not required to pay annual membership dues. For more information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
* GST is calculated and added to the cost of a membership.
Membership in CAPLA is held by individuals. Although your employer may have paid your annual membership fee, your membership is valid for you personally until it expires. CAPLA does not provide membership fee refunds to individuals or companies.